Everything you need to know about body butter for men
If you want to keep your skin feeling moisturized and healthy, body butter is a great option — yes, even for men! But, with all the different brands and types available, it can be hard to know which one is right for you — especially if you’re like most men and you're not used to moisturizing on a daily basis.
To help steer you in the right direction, let’s break down body butter for men, what to look for when choosing a body butter, and best practices on how to apply body butter.
How to select body butter for men
When it comes to body care, men have traditionally been underserved by the beauty industry. While there are now more products available than ever before, it can still be difficult to find the right one for your needs.
Here are a few simple tips on how to select the best body butter for men:
- Natural Ingredients: Look for body butter that is made with natural ingredients. This usually means you’ll be working with a product that will be gentle on your skin and won't cause any irritation.
- Multi-Use: Find a body butter that has multiple uses. For men, this is especially important since men usually like to spend as little time, money, and effort as possible on self-care.
- Lightly-Scented: When it comes to body butter for men, seek out a product with a scent that’s not too heavy or overpowering. It should blend in well with your natural scent and not be overwhelming or smell too artificial.
- Fast-Working: Find a body butter that absorbs quickly and doesn't leave your skin feeling too greasy or heavy. While it can take a few minutes to absorb fully, you shouldn’t feel like you’re slipping and sliding all over the place.
Pro Tip: The majority of men use between zero (that’s right!) and two products. If men don’t pick the right multi-use products, then they’ll likely be using the wrong product on the wrong parts of their body. Yenisi Beauty skin and hair products are both all-in-one products. One Yenisi product can replace a whole cabinet full of other products. And to make things even better, Yenisi Beauty products are USDA Certified Organic and ethically sourced!
Shop Now: Organic shea & cocoa body butter for men
How to apply body butter for men
Body butter is a thick, creamy moisturizer that is excellent for dry or sensitive skin. Unlike lotions, body butters are usually made with natural ingredients (like shea butter or cocoa butter). These, more natural ingredients, can help soothe and protect the skin. However, because of the thicker consistency of body butter, it can be a bit tricky to apply.
Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your body butter:
- Step 1: Start with clean, dry skin. Apply the body butter to your hands and massage it into your skin in circular motions.
- Step 2: Pay special attention to areas that are prone to dryness, such as your elbows and knees.
- Step 3: Use a small amount of body butter at first (you can always add more if needed). Remember that a little goes a long way — a quarter-sized amount is usually more than enough.
- Step 4: Be patient! It may take a few minutes for the body butter to absorb into your skin. Once it does, you should feel soft and silky — not greasy or sticky.
Quick Tip: The majority of our male clients like to spend as little time as possible on their daily routines — this includes hair! If you work with the right products that hold in the right ways, then men can reduce time spent in front of the mirror every morning. Check out the Yenisi hair balm — with just a tiny amount, you can style, hold, and moisturize (a true all-in-one).
How often should men reapply body butter
Applying body butter is an important part of any man's skincare routine. Not only does it help to keep the skin moisturized and hydrated, but it also helps to protect against environmental aggressors like pollution and harsh weather. But how often should you reapply body butter? The answer depends on a few factors, including your skin type and the time of year.
For example, men with dry skin will need to reapply body butter more frequently than men with oily skin. And during the winter months, when the air is particularly dry, you may need to reapply body butter several times a day. In general, though, it's best to reapply body butter at least once a day — and more often if you feel like your skin needs it.